|In Memory Of Casey Bradshaw Pritchard
9/10/96 - 10/23/03
|This page is In Memory of my Lost but
not forgotten Nephew
|Copyright © Jennifer Harris
All Rights Reserved
Please to not copy, take, or borrow anything on this site
without my permission first.
|Boy dies by home dryer
By MARTA MURVOSH
BURLINGTON - A 7-year-old boy was killed Thursday night, apparently by an electric shock while chasing a kitten behind a dryer in the family
The boy's name was not released this morning and the exact cause of death was to be determined at an autopsy today, said police Sgt.
"We are looking at electrical shock," Hanson said.
The boy's parents called police around 6:20 p.m. Thursday to report him missing. While his mother telephoned, his father continued to
search their home and found him, Hanson said.
Hanson said interviews with family members and other evidence indicates the boy was chasing one of the family's two kittens and went
behind the dryer where he apparently touched a 220-volt outlet and a metal duct. The investigation continued today.
The striped kitten was found alive in a corner behind the dryer when police arrived at the family's home in the 900 block of E. Sharon Ave.,
The boy attended nearby Lucille Umbarger Elementary where counselors today were available to counsel any students or staff who are
affected by the boy's death, Hanson said.